Smart City Works Portfolio Companies Make 2019 ‘Infrastructure Tech 50’
Five of the 50 named to the top infrastructure technology list graduated from Smart City Works’ business acceleration program
WASHINGTON D.C. — Smart City Works, a next generation business accelerator that dramatically speeds commercialization for early stage ventures, is proud to congratulate five portfolio companies named to the BuiltWorlds 2019 Infrastructure Tech 50 list.
BuiltWorlds is a networking and news organization for professionals working in infrastructure technology. The list includes large companies like Siemens, Cisco Kinetic for Cities, and Elon Musk’s The Boring Company, as well as many smaller firms that have developed pioneering technology.
“We are incredibly proud to see so many of our portfolio companies on the list,” said David Heyman, co-founder of Smart City Works. “It is a tremendous recognition of what these ventures are doing to improve lives, and the impact they will have on how cities and communities tackle urban challenges like water, energy, transportation, health, construction and security.”
Recent graduates of Smart City Works that made the list include:
- Accure. Accure improves the well-being of cities, companies and infrastructure through ready-to-use AI tools that put super-computing problem-solving capability into the hands of users.
- CvikerAR. CvikerAR visualizes buildings and urban plans through realistic simulation, using augmented reality technology to bring communities, cities, architects and developers on the same page.
- Datakwip. Datakwip detects opportunities for energy savings and improvement using new or existing energy management, building automation, metering, and IoT infrastructure. The web-based Datakwip Platform allows real time interaction with energy data and immediate improvement.
- Fend. Fend physically protects connected equipment from cyberattack, presenting a straightforward solution to keep hackers out while providing the intelligence to optimize business.
- InfraShares. InfraShares is a crowdfunding platform that pools investment from individuals into large sums of development capital for critical infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, airports, mass transit, renewable energy, and schools.
“The BuiltWorlds Infrastructure Tech 50 List seeks to highlight those innovative companies in the realm of infrastructure technology across various categories, including planning and design, data and network, transportation and more,” said Matt Gagne, Research Manager for BuiltWorlds. “We find it important at BuiltWorlds to provide our network with a year-over-year summary of companies leading an effort to enhance an industry so ripe for disruption.”
About Smart City Works. Smart City Works is a next generation business accelerator—called a business actuator—that can rapidly move early stage ventures to commercialization, help speed products to market, and reduce investor risk. We focus on companies that improve the livability, operations and resilience of cities, with a special emphasis on urbantech, IoT devices and the built environment. Smart City Works offers business acceleration, innovation and commercialization programs to companies of all sizes, and to governments seeking to solve discreet challenges, graduating more than two dozen firms worldwide since 2017. Working at the intersection of government and private industry, our mission is to transform the way municipalities design, build and operate cities and city infrastructure.
CONTACT: Glen Justice at email@example.com.